Thursday, November 1, 2007

Taken for granted





anupa
Sir i am very fond of helping others and so many of my friends take me for granted..i do know to say 'NO'.but my problem is i get carried away so much by their decisions that i never take my own decision.i know what is right and what is wrong but i feel they must be more right.ultimately i feel regretted for not taking my decision.i think im losing my self respect.plss help me sir.im in great distress


Baladheepak AC
Telling the truth, I too am changing from a position similar to yours.
I used to feel that whatever the other person's stand is, it would be better than mine or right - and mine is wrong.
The truth is I was right most of the times.
Being a human, I was wrong some times too.
How did I change?
I targeted small assignments and victories. These gave me a confidence that 'I too can be right'. These small acts brought better changes.
I stopped thinking that every situation is an opportunity.
I started spotting opportunities which shall bring me recognition - for a simple reason that my self-esteem should be repaired and should be high.
Later, I thought about those people who helped me have a good self image. I spent more time with them.
I lived a better life. I designed better days.
These are tips what I can give you.
See how you can design your days better.
Share with others; let's see how your days can be designed better.
After that, once you shed doubts on yourself, definitely, your self-confidence would stabilise. When your confidence is stabilised, then, when all the doubts on yourself would cease, then the decisions what you take would be right - rather, you would be able to take right decisions.
Helping others is not wrong. At the same time, we must know whom to help and when to. Definitly not to the extent of our being taken for granted.
All the best.